You’ve probably heard colleagues discuss conversion rates during sales meetings, but what are the steps you can take to boost your conversion rate and attract loyal clients?
How Do You Measure Your Conversion Rate?
Knowing your conversion rate will help you measure the success of your marketing efforts by counting the number of people who take action against the total number of page visitors.
Create Brand Awareness By Publishing Content On Various Platforms
Provide value to your readers in the form of helpful tips and quick solutions to problems. The content should be unique and specific to your industry, not fluffy regurgitated content from other websites.
Optimize Your Content For Search, Sharing, and Ranking
Follow best practices in publishing online content by using relevant headings, and creating captivating titles and headlines for your blog posts.
Avoid large blocks of text, and separate them into shorter paragraphs. Also use subheadings and bullet points wherever necessary to emphasize or recap key points.
Write Blog Posts That Solve Problems
Blogging is one of the best platforms for boosting your business. Write blog posts that are relevant to your audience and provides information in bite sized pieces.
In many cases, blog posts can also solve problems faced by your prospects with an invitation to learn more about your products and/or services by opting in for a content upgrade.
Build Your Client Email List and Create Relevant Content Upgrades
Get more prospects on your email list by providing free content upgrades with a CTA (Call to Action) that asks them to enter their names and email address in exchange for the free content upgrade.
An example of a content upgrade would be a checklist that goes into more detail from the original blog post.
Be sure to highlight that the content upgrade is free, and emphasize the urgency by using words like “limited time”, “instant”, or “now”. Also, the call to action should be actionable, such as “start saving money today”.
Create Shareable Visual Content For More Page Views And Shares
Illustrations, videos, and written reports will help your content get shared faster, and increase the likelihood of converting visitors into buyers.
- Create Infographics To Accompany Blog Posts: An infographic creates a visual representation of research, statistics and detailed content in a way that can be easily consumed and understood. Overall, content with infographics has a higher likelihood of being read and shared.
- Create Branded Inspirational Quotes and Memes: You can take a quote from your organization, or you can take a quote that relates to your brand message, and put that quote on an image with your business information at the bottom.
- Videos: Businesses are increasingly depending on video content to communicate their message and educate the public about their products and services. Videos can be embedded on your website and social media platforms to optimize sharing. Video content is increasing in popularity, ranging from direct-to-camera videos, whiteboard videos, and animated videos.
- Case Studies/Testimonials: A case study is a narrative journey about your client’s struggles before using your product/service followed by the problems solved after using your product/service. The purpose of the case study is to highlight the transformation experienced by the client, as your prospect starts to see how your product/service could help them. At the end of your case study, you can have a CTA to learn more or get started by signing up for your product or service.
- Submit Press Releases: Stay on your prospect’s radar by consistently updating your prospect on events and milestones in your business, such as mergers, new talent, or any special awards or recognition earned by your company.
Create a Sales Funnel
As you grow your list, use a sales funnel to educate your prospects about the problems they are facing, and how using your product or service could help solve that problem.
A sales funnel takes the prospect through an educational experience as they are presented with video content, statistics, and written content that emphasizes their pain points and provides a solution in the form of a product or service.
As your prospects learn about the solutions offered by your business, they are making the gradual progression from prospect to buyer.